Administration has finally given us a new date and time for Bargaining Round II!
Join us and stand alongside your colleagues on Wednesday, December 14th at 2:00pm in SVC2070. Come to bargaining and show where you stand.
What’s at stake this year?
– Raises: Right now GA’s make poverty-level wages. Even worse, MAs and PhDs have different minimum wages. We want fair pay and equal pay for equal work.
– Fees: University fees levied on graduate assistants are too high. On average, fees comprise nearly 14% of a GA’s modest take-home pay at USF, and every year they get more and more expensive. Enough is enough.
– Dental Insurance: Right now GA’s are not offered dental coverage and consider receiving care to be a major financial burden. We want access to adequate medical coverage.
– Leave Policy: GA’s are currently offered minimal release time from their employment duties. We would like to increase the amount of unpaid time a GA can take without risking his or her employment status with the university.
What can I do to help?
– Come to the bargaining session! Sit with us at the table as we discuss our proposals with the administration.
– Ask two of your colleagues to come with you to the bargaining session, even if they aren’t members. Not a single voice should be left out of this process!
– Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get updates about bargaining prep.
The only way we will be heard is if we join our voices together. Show your support by showing up and showing the administration that you care about your contract and your compensation.