Come out to the last Member Meeting of the Spring semester.
Here, we’ll vote on our new 2015-2016 UFF Senators, consolidate our bargaining goals, distribute info about the DAY OF ACTION on 4/15 for the Fight for $15, and wrap up on our fee waiver initiative.
We’ll have refreshments on hand.
- Urgent action needed/Events
- Day of action: 4/15
- Senator voting
- St. Pete on 4/13
- More action items
- Office tasks for Wil
- Summer release time
Download complete minutes here: Minutes.04082015
Pertinent items in green and repeated below.
- The Fight for 15 is on Wednesday, April 15th. Join fastfood, home healthcare, and academic workers in the fight for a fair living wage and a union. Come out to all or a few of the day’s events:
- Come out to the USF Library between noon and 1pm. RSVP here.
- At 3pm, join the rest of the party at Copeland Park for a rally and BBQ, followed by a march down Fowler Ave.
- We are looking to fill two more seats on the UFF (United Faculty of Florida) Senate. USF-GAU is the UFF Chapter of GAs in our University. Being on the UFF Senate enables you to help shape the direction and policies of UFF as a whole. E-mail Megan (email@example.com) if you are interested in nominating yourself or another person.
- Watch out for a very important survey in the second week of May.
- Next GAU Social is April 24th. Venue TBA.