Grade-In and Bargaining
Event Category: Bargaining
Come to SVC for a “grade-in” at 1p. Help us make signs and grab a t-shirt. Look for our banner outside SVC. Bargaining will start at 2p in SVC2070.
What’s at stake this year?
- Family Medical Leave: Right now GA’s only have 5 days of medical leave. That’s no way to treat hard-working GA’s.
- Fees: University fees levied on graduate assistants are too high. On average, fees comprise nearly 12% of a GA’s modest take-home pay, and every year they get more and more expensive. Enough is enough.
- Cost of Living: The current standard of living for GA’s is unacceptable. We’ll be discussing proposals to make graduate school better than mere survival.
- And more
What can I do to help?
- Come to the bargaining session. Sit with us at the table as we discuss our proposals with the administration.
- Ask three of your colleagues to come with you to the bargaining session.